Thursday, June 23, 2011

Postosuchus heads to PEFO

Toast-asuchus!

So, you've likely seen me post about my little Safari Ltd. Postosuchus toy. As I traveled out to Petrified Forest this summer, I took a series of photos of the little guy, searching for his home. Below are some of my favorites, complete with geologic context.

By the way, I would like to apologize for the lack of posts. Internet has been problematic.

On Rt 24, headed to Colorado Springs, CO. The road was built on the Paleogene Dawson Formation.



Postosuchus searches for home, but finds himself in the Ordovician Manitou Limestone at Cave of the Winds.

Still searching, Postosuchus ends up in the Paleoproterozoic Routt Granite of Royal Gorge.

Oops! Went too far and ended up in the Cretaceous Dakota Shale.


Getting closer, Postosuchus checks out Delicate Arch in the Jurassic Entrada Sandstone of Arches National Park, UT
He finally made it! See here in the Rainbow Forest Museum of Petrified Forest NP, situated in the Triassic Chinle Formation.

2 comments: